Wednesday, November 17, 2010

chapter nine

My eyes are about to pop out of my head. She, this kid who can read minds, might know who Sky is. But I can’t talk. My mouth is glued shut. I need to ask. Who is Sky?!
Bella wiggles awkwardly on the edge of my knee. Her face is twisted with mixed emotions. That’s when my heart drops. And something hits me in the face, hard.
“You can’t be serious? You’re just a kid, right?” She lifts her liquid green eyes to me. Those eyes could murder. Sighing, she begins to explain herself:
“O-okay…See I may look like a kid, but I’m not. I’m well, a vampire?…. And…uh…. I have been since like…..oh gosh…when was it? Ah! Since King George the second sent people over here…..I was about twelve maybe thirteen when my family and I came here the new world…..my mother died on the boat…..from…what was it? Well, anyway and then my father died fighting for the crown….so then it was just me and my older brother…um he was twenty? Yeah….so we lived together till it was time to marry me off…..that’s when I met him….the vampire I mean….my brother unknowingly married me to him and one night he…well, bit me…..and then like iono…some odd years later, I ended up with a ticket to one of your concerts…..it was pretty cool….hm…I think that covers everything…?”
She gazes at me with that killer stare of hers. “I- I see. Guess that makes sense……” Can’t think. The girl I’ve been searching for is sitting on my lap and she looks like a doll. On top of that, she’s a vampire! Letting this sink in, I stand up siding her off of me and pace the room.
“You’re freaked out by all this.” Her voice is better than I’d dreamt it. I want her to talk more, but it’s all too confusing for me to just accept. At this point, all I can really do is stare at her. I probably look like the biggest dumbass she’s ever seen.
“Are you going to be okay? Should I go or get Twi…”
“N-no. I’m fine. I just needed a minuet…..” She stands up and eyes me. True concern in her eyes. They’re tracing every inch of me, just as I did when I saw her on the TV. This only makes it harder to concentrate on collecting my thoughts. Really hard.
“O-okay. I think I get this. All of this. So then…uh.., Sky?” That’s were I stop, I just let out my secrete nickname for her. Embarrassing much? She nods as if not caring or not noticing my slip up. “Uh…..it’s nice to…..well to finally meet you…..” What the hell was that? ‘Nice to finally meet you?!’ Lame! But it’s all I can say. I mean, what do I say. Hey, I’ve been dreaming of you since I saw you at one of my concerts like ten years ago?! That’ll help me win her over.
I slump into her chair at the vanity. That’s when, like on cue, Jeordio and the dog walk back in. Jeordio grabs her and places her on his lap, a smug look cased in my direction. I mumble under my breath as I get up to leave. Not wanting to see either of them sucking her face off.
Bella pulls away from Jeordio and rushes to me. “Wait. Here. It’s my cell number. Call me any time.” She grips my left hand, scribbling on it in black Crayola maker. I smile, blushing so deeply I don’t think I’ll ever have to worry bout looking pale again.

Sitting in my apartment, again, I plan to call her. But not right away. I don’t want to sound needy or eager. So I decide on four. She shouldn’t be to busy by then.
I look around for something to distract me while I wait. That’s when I see the other cards laying on my floor by the TV, just were I left them earlier. I get up, walk over to them, and scoop them up. Each face grinning up at me. I only have Chris, Geff, Ax, and me. Jeordio must have taken his with him this morning. I sigh and place them by my phone and wonder into the living room were my paints lay tossed around.
I pull out a large sheet of paper and grab my paints. At first I have no idea what I want to paint, just that I want to paint something to keep me busy. But after awhile, it starts to look like Bella. It’s pretty good. Her shape, the colors, everything is just perfect. I watch me hand move smoothly over the paper, each color forming a new line of her.
That’s when the phone chirps. I jump, my brush flying of in to the left of me. I scramble to my feet and pick up the phone. “H-hello?”
“Hi, Brain.” I froze. My breath caught in my throat. The voice on the other line couldn’t be. It just couldn’t be.

No comments:

Post a Comment