Wednesday, November 17, 2010

chapter six

It’s one of the nice (and sometimes handy) things about being famous. You can easily get in contact with someone who also happens to be famous. Which makes seeing her all the more easy. I turn to look back at Jeordio. He’s thinking the same thing as me. Shit. Double shit. I glare at him, till he blinks and says, “What? Why you looking at me like that?”
He shakes his head. Long jet black hair falls in his even blacker eyes. My eyes trace every one of his facial features. Then they flash to the card on the ground. She hit it right on the nail with Jeordio’s card.
That’s when he too sees the card with his image plastered across it. He bends down so quickly and smoothly, that he’s like a ghost moving past me. That’s one thing I’ve always been jealous of. I can’t move like that. I’m too clumsy.
He examines the card. He looks up at me, back at the card, and walks over to the mirror in my room, and rubs his chine, runs his fingers in his hair. Now he’s chuckling. This is all funny to him. I don’t really know why. Maybe he thinks I did them. But that’s not why he’s laughing. Twiggy spines around to face me. I gulp. For some reason I’m a feared of what he might say to me.
“W-what?” it’s all I can mange at this moment. Jeordio blinks and holds up the card of his face. “Who did this? It’s really cool.” He pauses to scrutinize me with his dark eyes. They seem to sink into his skull as he does this. “You didn’t, did you?”
Now it’s my turn to blink at him. I shack my head. Then I give him the envelope it came in.
He notices the name and quickly looks up at the TV. The girl is still on. She’s not singing anymore. It’s just an interview now.
The lady doing the interview is laughing about something. She smiles and looks into the camera, “We’ll be right back with Belladonna in a few minuets. So don’t go away.” And just like that, she’s disappeared off the TV.
The rooms so quiet and tense I can feel it like some kind of weight on my back. We both want answers to questions the other can’t answer. So, that’s it. We just stand and stare at the TV as it talks about wal-mart or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment