Wednesday, November 17, 2010

chapter one

When I first spotted her, she was just a face in the massive crowd of people. But there was something special about her. She wasn’t moshing like the others or pumping her fists either. She was standing in the middle of all the chaos, just standing there singing along to every word I said. Her soft, pale hands lay together over her heart. I think that’s what really caught my eye that night and has kept her in the back of my mind for so long.



“Hdj…! Mtheo!!!.......Brian!!!”
Voices echo in my dank bedroom from somewhere outside of it. I rub the back of my head. It hurts badly. I think I must have hit it last night. No surprise. That’s just how I live. Waking up to a strange voice yelling for me to get up or to see a new girl lying next to me, passed out and half-naked. None of this is new at all to me in the least bit. It’s what happens when you’re living a life like mine.
Bam! The door flies open as if someone had set a timer on it and this was just the time it was to bust on me. Jeez, no privacy. I set myself up far enough to see who the perpetrator is in my doorway. Jeordio. While my best friend and long time member of our band, it was still super annoying to find him in my house this early in the morning.
I stare at him, pure evil in my eyes. “Get up and get dressed already, man. It’s like almost nine. We gotta go.” He jabs a thumb in the direction of the front door. I shack my head in protest. I can’t remember what the hell he could possible be talking about. He looks at me as though he’s really disappointed in me. What can I say; this is how I live and I don’t really want to do anything about it.
At about a quarter to ten, we finally make it out of the house. Once we get in the car Jeordio starts to tell me what we’re about to set out to do. Apparently, we have some kind of big meeting or other. I’ve never been one to care about things like this.
The car speeds down the road, managing to make every green light possible. That means we’ll get there sooner than hoped. Just my luck.
Jeordio seems to be in high spirits as he chats up a storm of stories I barely hear as I stare out at the mourning sky. The palest blue I’ve seen in a while with a little pink and purple. I can still see the full moon passing by out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment